Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Friday, July 8, 2011

Keep Manhattan just give me that countryside...

I have mentioned many times before how great my friends are but perhaps this blog will give you a true taste of the awesomeness that they possess...

My husband and I joined some friends of ours on the lake and the day consisted of tremendous belly laughs, smooches from my favorite kiddos, and some pics that describe what my friends are to me.  My friends are more than people I have met and just enjoy passing time with they are my family.  People who have been there for me thick and through thin, through the incredible ups (my wedding day) and the unimaginable downs (my son's funeral).  Of course, they were there for my major life changes (my weight loss journey) and all the other things that we have stumbled upon along the way.

This day was just another good example of how great people can come together and make yet another surgery and weight issue seem so small in the grand scheme of things.

My husband got the opportunity to drive a David Brown tractor while I got to giggle at the roosters and their COCK-A-DOODLE-DOOS.  We took a boat ride around the lake, had a great lunch, enjoyed the kids while they soaked up the sun, and climbed into a tree house and fantasized about making signs that said, "NO BOYZ" allowed for the door. 

My husband drove the tractor and when he turned the engine off and as I was walking towards the house, all I could hear amongst the silence of the country were the words, "So sweet..." coming from his lips.

Those two words summed up this day in a matter of seconds.  So Sweet.










No comments: