Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A change in the trunk of my car...

I have never used the trunk of my car for things like groceries or big shopping sprees.  I always used the back seat for everything, including my school bag and daily things people drag with them.  Why you ask? Because my wheelchair took up all of the space.  I used it for school,  Lifelight, Wal-mart, grocery shopping, etc.. pretty much ANY place that required a bit of walking.  I needed it for my hip dysplaysia and because my hips could not carry all that excess weight.  When I lost 100lbs I ditched the wheelchair altogether, put it in my storage closet and presently we pile our camping gear on top of it.  I did use my trunk this summer for things like camping and of course my Zumba bag.  However, I will not have space in my trunk again. This time, however, it will be because we have traded the wheelchair for a stroller.  Something I have ALWAYS dreamed of doing and now it is a reality. 

I cannot believe I started out weighing 300lbs and sitting in a wheelchair and have gone to 126lbs walking with a stroller.

I do concur that the stroller will still leave a little free space in my trunk, perhaps enough room for my Zumba bag. :D

My entire life is different and, as hard as the journey was, I would not trade any of it for anything.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

This is so heart felt. That is definutly a good trade anyday!