Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Garbage.

I want to touch on a little issue that all people have and we know it but we spend most of our time trying to hide it.

Garbage.

You know what I am talking about. The stuff we hurry up and shove in a closet when we find out someone is coming over and they are 5 minutes away.  We might even spray febreze so that the lingering odor from it does not give us away when it comes wafting out of the closet at our unsuspecting guests.

But lets take this one level deeper.  What about the garbage of our life that is not so superficial?  What about the abuse that has been taking place for years.  Or the addiction that has been swept under the rug.  Maybe it is a secret that we just cannot keep anymore because it is eating us up from the inside out.

That Garbage.  That is the garbage I am wanting to take to the landfill today.  The kind that should have been there BEFORE it got moldy.  The last few months of my life have not been easy.  I have had to make decisions that no mother/wife wants to have to make and yet. I have.  As I was emptying out the garage today I was realizing how much it had been building up over the years and also how exhausting and freeing it was to just. Get. It. Out. 

I have rescued my daughter and I from a relationship that was going to take my life and would show her how woman never deserve to be treated.  I am not saying everything is fixed and that hurdles will never spontaneously land in front of us but I do know that the garbage that had been festering for a very long time is now being put in its proper place.  Where someone who knows how to maintain it’s horrific smell and can stop it from weakening the foundation of our home.

I have discovered a group of people who come in and help you rebuild yourself after the damage has been done and they lift you up as you start crumbling again.   They encourage you to keep pressing on because you are worth it.  Sometimes God places them strategically because he knows this would bring you to your knees if they were not there. For this I am thankful.

Garbage.  Take it out before it ruins your house too.  Hurry up! What are YOU waiting for?

“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to?

The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of – throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage, but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”  -C.S. Lewis




No comments: