Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I took two...

I remember when it took the two of us to help me get around Augustana in my wheelchair.  I remember when I use to sit down someplace and my butt took up two spaces.  The days of having the number of my weight begin with a 2 or 3 were not too long ago.

I have always taken two.

The funny thing about taking two is it has always been inconvenient, and at times, embarrassing. Now taking two takes on a whole new meaning.  I took two hours dancing at the zumbathon to help raise money for a tornado.  I played softball the other night and on my first time up to bat I took two bases. It takes two people to where my old pants.

You know what else involves the number two?!? My marriage, and if it would not have been for my other half all of this would be null and void and would have never become a reality.

Thanks Steve for my being my number two one.  I take up one seat, my weight begins and ends with the number one, my day starts and finishes with you, my number one.

No comments: