Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Sunday, June 5, 2011

What I have attempted to make great and ended up making worse...

I took fertility drugs this month to hopefully be pregnant by father's day so we did not have another crappy parents day pass as we have nothing to celebrate.  I did not tell my husband and I woke up this morning only to discover that my attempts have failed and the difference between this month and ALL the other months is that I have to endure the sadness alone because I did not tell my husband. Awesome.

Lutheran Social Services is coming to our house this friday to tell us whether we can barrow a kid or not.  I am starting to not feel so excited about fostering because now people are telling me about how horrible it is and how the kids you get are "crazy and messed up."  I am not so sure that that is what I want.  I do not want a kid who kills animals or any such silliness. I happen to love my pets very much and I do not want one to go missing.

Why can't we just have our own kids without all of this hassle?!?   Everyone else gets to, why can't we?  

1 comment:

Katie said...

Kids in foster care can be crazy and messed up. They wouldn't be in foster care if they hadn't been through a lot, and a lot of times kids deal with that by acting out, especially at first.
Fostering is absolutely, positively, 100% GOING to inconvenience you. Things are going to get messed up. Things are going to get broken (I think you know that because as I recall, you've admitted to breaking some pretty important stuff in your day...). But I've heard you and Steve say more than once that you want to break the cycle of child abuse. Guess what? There's a big fat cycle of child abuse in foster care, too. Pretty sure you've both seen that. I know fostering isn't what you had in mind, but maybe it's what God had in mind, and I'm about a million percent sure that even when it doesn't seem like it, his plans are WAY better than ours anyway.
I can't guarantee that it will work out, but when you want something to change, doing pretty much anything is better than doing nothing. Besides, I'm pretty darn sure that God gives points for trying, not just for succeeding. I'm counting on it, anyway. :)

p.s. Not going to address that whole "nothing to celebrate" thing... You know better.