Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas...

I completed my Christmas cookies (after extensive difficulties)...they turned out marvelous!

I went to my grandmother's for Christmas and ate delicious food as usual. I gave my cousin, Mandy, a hat and scarf that I crocheted myself and she absolutely loved it. I love to watch how people react to gifts, it makes me feel wonderful.

I have gone to Zumba a lot this week and it has improved my pathetic existence drastically. My instructor even gave me the Zumba magazine.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Steve and I are hosting a Christmas party for the church tomorrow, so that should be exciting... possibly.

We are trying to figure out what we are going to do about this whole fertility mess. The pastor said that we should give our lives fully to Christ and that God would bless us with a child. I, however, think that is a ridiculous statement in the fact that crack addicts and Satan worshipers have no trouble having kids. I mean believing fully in Christ is, obviously, important and is what we have done for years and for some silly reason we still have no children. I hate when people say we do not have enough patience or we need to believe in God harder.

I am sorry but if praying as hard as we do and waiting 7 years and having two dead kids is not enough to prove our faith and patience.... what is?

When will it ever be enough?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Breteni. I know how much you want a baby and you and Steve would be wonderful parents. I know you have heard this a thound plus times but things in our lives happen for a reason. I am not sure what the reason is right now. I wish I could take away all of the pain and give you what you are hoping for. This would be the a blessing to me and you unfortunaly I can't. I am sorry for that. I can however, ask you to put your right hand on your left shoulder and your left hand on your right shoulder and squeeze real hard. I am wrapping my arms around you and give you a huge lst distance hug. I will continue to pray that God answers your prayers. His timing is hard, I don't understand it, and I get angry too at times. Remember God still loves you.
Love always, Jenn