Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The ER and the doc..

So we end up in the ER because of Steve's migraines (that can cause seizures if not treated) and he is wailing in pain.  I feel so bad but I pack up my books and brought him there to get the help he so desperately needed.  The nurse messed up his IV and he starts balling and I understand cause I have felt that awful pain myself. It shows how much you love someone when you wish you could endure the pain for them even if we have been arguing and upset about the recent garbage that has seemed to pile on our laps.  Anyways, I was studying my history book when the doctor comes in and says, "how is that studying going?" and I reply, "well you know how it goes when you have to be a wife and cram books at the same time."  He then proceeds to say, "You should try being a mother too."  That was then end of that conversation.  Here I was with my mind on my homework and being there for my husband and he has to bring THAT to the forefront of our minds again? Seriously? Can we ever get a break? The doctor left the room and my husband, underneath his towel because the light is killing him, says,"He did not just say that. I cannot FREAKING believe it.  I am so sorry honey. He should try focusing on his job and not worrying about the state of our family."  I then said, "ridiculous."  We then both started to cry AGAIN.

I am running out of tears. Is that even possible? Yes, yes it is, I have done it.

No comments: