Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks...

The day started off really rough because my husband left for work and twenty minutes later I got my period and knew the fertility drugs failed. This time, however, I was all alone on thanksgiving and not feeling like there was anything to be thankful for..

I then went and hung out with my mom for a little while, then after that proceeded to my dad's side of the family for dinner. I was looking at the ads and my dad came and laid next to me on the floor as I was talking to my cousin about what are next plan of attack was going to be pertaining to the fertility treatments and what not. My dad was quietly flipping through the ads while I was going into tears about how badly I want to give my wonderful husband children and how guilty I feel because we cannot afford to do IVF. I then noticed my father take off his glasses and he laid them on the ads. I did not think much of it at that point and kept on talking to Ian and weeping, then I noticed my dad wipe his eyes. MY dad was CRYING. I have never once in my life seen him care about me soo much to the point of tears. My dad knew nothing about how bad we have been struggling. He looked up and said (through blood shot eyes), "I never thought much of Steve until the day he was standing on that alter and it took all that man had to hold himself together while crying because he loved YOU sooooo much. I bet if Steve does not get children, he is just content in having YOU as a wife." he then proceeded to talk about how bad he felt that we are going through this and he GRABBED my hand and truly cared. I got random hugs from my dad the rest of the party and it was hard to leave because I have never experienced this from the man who had NOTHING to do with me while growing up and the only reason he walked me down the aisle was because my grandfather's knees are bad and my grandma made me ask him to.

I then came home and cooked a dinner for my mom (who I never have celebrated thanksgiving with because I was always with the other family). Which is ironic because she has been there for me all along. I made every thing that goes with a thanksgiving dinner, plus a REAL pumpkin pie. I baked the pumpkin myself. It was amazing!

Things I am thankful for:
1. God
2. My husband
3. My parents and grandparents
4. Bakannah and Isaiah
5. Great friends
6. size 4 jeans
7. Lily and Mango
8. Dawn dish soap and a dishwasher
9. pumpkin pie
10. and last but not least..............ZUMBA and ZUMBA pants!

No comments: