Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Hospital..

I have been sick and then all of the sudden on Monday I was in german class and completely lost my cookies. I went home thinking it was a mixture of my cold and the ulcers and then by the evening I was violently ill. Long story short I ended up in the hospital.

While I was downstairs waiting for an MRI, I heard an old man coughing and I looked around and there he was. He was so frail and thin and looked like this day was going to be one of his last. I could not help to think that everyone has a story and his story is ending with him all alone and gasping for air. I told my nurse about him and she said, "you know what is really sad? Most people do not have anyone visit with them while they are in the hospital and some die without anyone there except us."

As I sit here and type this blog my husband is sleeping upright in a very uncomfortable chair. For the last 2 days, I have not once been alone. My mother never left my side while I was in the emergency room and definitely did not leave until letting me know she loved me. Boy am I blessed to not have to be the old man gasping for his last breath with no one holding my hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Breteni,
That is a very sad story and the nurse is right. So many die without the loving touch of someone who cares. You not only have blessed so many lives just by your presents but continue to bless others and be blessed by them. God has a plan for you and your life. I believe one of those is being such a bright and wonderful person. You bring a smile to me face all of the time. So even if I don't respond or comment know that I am thinking of you daily. Get well soon and stay warm. It was 17 degrees here today and I am thinking Hawaii is sounding better and better everyday. Take care!! Love, Jenn