Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My first pregnancy class...

I went to the pregnancy class called "first trimester" and it blows my mind how people can be so oblivious to the fact that all of this can change in a matter of moments.  One husband said, "i cannot understand why she will not fix me dinner?"  It took all the self control I had to not scream, "ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME?!?!"  One mom said, "maybe I should quit smoking (at twelve weeks)."  I had to manually hold my jaw up because the muscles had given up due to shock.

Here I am sitting there thinking perhaps I am not taking enough iron.  Worrying about the subchorionic hematoma.  Did I over do it today by carrying my backpack to class?  All of the above things are what was running through my mind and I was also hoping and praying I get to join the next class called "second trimester."

I find it to be weird to always be in the complete opposite shoes of everyone else.  One time, just one time I would like to not be the odd man out.

No comments: