Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Monday, September 19, 2011

Why everything does NOT happen FOR a reason...

God does not have things happen for a reason he makes thing happen so WE can choose for them to have purpose.  For example, God does not have a guy get drunk and then have them get behind the wheel of a car and then kill someone else's child.  He would NEVER EVER do that.  Just the same as he did not make us suffer with infertility to make us miserable and he did not take my first two babies die so that we would become angry with him.  He did it to have two things happen: for OUR growth and for other's GAIN.  We chose to make our marriage stronger, we chose to love our babies harder, and we decided to not take any of the above for granted.  We GREW and when we tell our story other people GAIN. 

Our babies died (that was bad)

we learned what kind of parents we want to be (that was good)

we could not have more children (that was bad)

we spoke about our story and inspired people (that was good)

I had complication from the gastric bypass (that was bad)

I could be living proof that the surgery can be successful (that was good)

I motivated others to become healthy (that was good)

All of the above were not done for a reason but I made them have purpose.  I could have easily chosen to not make the best of the gastric bypass (that would be bad) and not have lost the weight (that would have been awful) and therefore no one would have been inspired to become healthy (even worse).  But I made the best of a rough situation (that was good).  Poeple can now see it IS possible to change your life (this is good).

Are you getting my point?!? Never use the cliche on me "everything happens for a reason", because God only has good things planned for those who love him. 

Right now I cannot see his plan but one day I will understand why he did the things he did (this will be good). I can make the situation have purpose even though I do not know his plans. 

No comments: