Just Making Pancakes

Just Making Pancakes

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Welcome to the other side..."

I went in for my ultrasound (non-emergency) today and everything the doctor said could have been my quote of the day because he said a lot of amazing things! In order to speed things up I will list all of the quotes below:

The first he shouted when he came in the room:  "ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS"


"If anyone deserves a baby it is you two.."


"Baby is measuring three days ahead of schedule.."


"This is the most perfect baby.."


"Your wife deserves lots of breakfast in bed.."


"I cannot believe it.."


"The Hematoma is gone!"


"Today is the day of miracles in my office because I had another couple who have been through a lot as well and their baby is healthy too.."


"This is great because once you see the heartbeat miscarriage rate drops from 50% to 4%"


"We will be doing ultrasounds every week for the next 7 weeks.."

My very favorite thing he said was "You guys have waited for eight years for this miracle and I am so excited to get to be a part of this babies care and welcome to the other side..."


Explanation of the chosen nickname
We have chosen "Pancake" because all of the major lessons we have learned came from or were involving pancakes.  If you have not heard the story of pancakes you can click HERE and will bring you back to an explanation of the name of my blog and now the name of our unborn child.  Pancakes represents the lessons we have learned in the past, what we want to be in the present and of the things that are yet to come.  This baby is a testimony to our journey as a couple and as living proof that there is something so much greater than ourselves and he is busy performing miracles everyday.

I am just making a baby pancake.

No comments: